(image from: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net)
Do you think that excess stomach fat only affects the way you look on the outside. Think again…Excess belly fat has been deemed as unhealthy for certain reasons. Visceral fat wraps around our internal organs. This fat tends to produce inflammatory substances which can be linked to certain diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases and certain forms of cancer.
Don’t go thinking that only overweight people are prone to excess belly fat. Even people with a healthy weight can carry excess fat around their middles.
How to know if you have excess belly fat? Simple, just measure your waist.
- Men==> 40 inches or more size waists
- Women==> 35 inches or more size waists
What to do in order to start getting rid of this dangerous excess belly fat?
- Exercise between 30-45 minutes 5 times a week.
- Make sure you can feel your heart rate go up a bit but can still keep up a conversation.
- Before stating any exercise regime, make sure to check with your physician.
(Source: Top Health: The Health Promotion and Wellness Newsletter-Jan. 2010/Belly Fat Basics)