Monday, February 15, 2010

Love of Nail Polishes

In the past I wasn't one to pay a lot of attention to my nails. I admit there were times when I just couldn't stand how my hands looked so I would go out and get acrylics. I always ended up getting the white tips. While I was pregnant I went and got my nails dome again but, that time I decided to get my acrylics done in whole colors. That's when I started to love the idea of being able to change the color of my nails whenever I wanted.

Approximately two months ago I decided that I was going to try to maintain my nails looking decent. I went out and bought a couple of Sinful Colors nail polishes at my local Walgreens along with a topcoat, basecoat and nail file. I've quit using acrylics in order to keep my nails looking fresh and natural. In the past,I would always apply the nail color when I was in a hurry and my nails always ended up looking like a hot mess. But I've been working on the color application and it's just been getting better and better.

Lately I've really been into funky, fun, nail polishes. Most of them might be last season but I really don't care. I've done my nails in hot pink, magenta, metallics (green, yellow, orange, blue) it's been crazy. I feel that by painting your nails you simply show off a bit of your personality. Although people who know me might disagree but I think the colors I've been sporting lately definitely show off a bit of my fun loving side. There are people out there who don't dare to try to pull off bold colored nail polishes.

Then I came to thinking...am I getting to old to wear these type of colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment